Sunday, January 1, 2012

All Booked Up Revisited

First off, let me start by wishing you all a Happy New Year!

A new year is upon us and with it comes a new Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team Challenge. To start off the new year the Design Team is taking a look at another "oldie but goodie"... All Booked Up. It's been quite some time since I last pulled this set out, but I quickly remembered how fun these round images are to work with. For today's project I've whipped up a quick card and a few coordinating bookmarks. Take a look...
Drawing inspiration from the circular image I chose to work with I stamped a white card base with random polka dots in a color combo of Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist & Spring Moss.To create a strong focal point amongst the dots, I stamped the book circle and a sentiment below in True Black. Attached a True Black cardstock strip and embellished with a couple True Black buttons and twine.I then stamped four bookmarks in the same way as the card above.First, with the colorful dots. Second, with the book circle and sentiment. Then topped each with a coordinating colored ribbon, which was tied into place with white silk ribbon through a True Black button.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team girls for more All Booked Up goodness...

Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile



I Think Of Us As Bookends Card & Bookmarks:

16 comments:

  1. A happy new year to you as well, Maile! Hope you had a nice time celebrating! These are lovely and colorful! What a fun idea!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dots (what a great way to use the dots in the BBII set). I now want to make bookmarks with the buttons on top. Thanks for the great ideas. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Maile! Love the random dots and the colors you chose. May have to take another look at All booked up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these colors!!great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Maile. Love the bright colors and the simple style of the card and bookmark. My SIL's birthday is coming up soon and she is a book lover. These are perfect for her! Thanks for the inspiration and happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea - the pretty coloured dots and then a simply stamped image!! Thank you :o)

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the circles and the colors! Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these, the colors are awesome, as are the patterns, definitely a great idea!! And SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the polka dots in those colors w/the black image stamped on top. Nice card and bookmarks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea for a book club meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply Beautiful! Happy New Year!!!! Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. so gorgeous and graphic, the colors are beautiful. i just love this design, and the bookmarks are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so beautiful! Love the circles in color with the black and white! Stunning as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful creations, Maile! Absolutely beautiful projects.. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these! I don't actually own All Booked Up, but this design would easily translate to the sets I have. I keep forgetting about the bookmark die. It's been on my wish list for ages!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS