Monday, February 28, 2011

Wplus9 March Release: Group Post Day

Hello again everyone! Long time no speak. Since my last post I've been enjoying some well needed and uninterrupted time with family. But I'm back today for the Wplus9 Group Post and release day.

Before I get to the card, I'd like to share a bit of news with you all. This will be my last month with Wplus9. I've truly enjoyed my time as part of the Wplus9 Design Team and working with the amazingly talented Dawn and the DT girls. But, I've come to realized that change, even though I can be hard at times, can be a good thing. I hope now to focus more on my home and family and my own stamp designs through Papertrey Ink. But, I thank Dawn endlessly for seeing the potential in me from the beginning (over a year ago) and giving me this wonderful opportunity to grow.

Now, back to my Group Post creation featuring Brothers & Sisters and All Occasion Label Die (yep you heard me right, Wplus9 now has coordinating dies! Does it get any better than this?! Yay!!!)...
Onto a kraft card base I stamped the gorgeous Dogwood image, from Flora & Fauna I, a few times in True Black. Then attached a strip of True Black cardstock.
Die cut the All Occasion Label Die from white cardstock and stamped with the background vine image, from Design Basics: Backgrounds II, in Ripe Avocado. Then layered the label images, from Brothers & Sisters, over that and attached. From the same stamp set, I stamped the sentiment onto a punched circle and attached with dimensional adhesive.

Now, be sure to get all the fun details about this months release here and you do not want to miss what the rest of the Design Team has to share with you all today. Stop by and check them out...

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed! Have a great day!

Maile

8 comments:

  1. Well, my dear - ALL I can say is that it has been a privilege! YOUR crisp, bold and distinct use of Dawn's stamps has INSPIRED me from the very beginning - THIS card is no exception! It's truly flawless in its presentation and ULTIMATE celebration of Dawn's GORGEOUS stamps & now {!} die cut! Thanks, for ALL the fun and can inspiration! Best of luck in ALL that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I love the layout and the colors in this card, wauw!! The flowers in black on kraft are so pretty! Love it!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you've designed for PTI!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Maile! LOVE your stamped die-cut! And your colors really pop! I know that you're a keep to yourself kind of girl, but it, truly, has been a privilege to get to work alongside you to help Wplus9 grow and thrive, and I wish you all the best in ALL your future endeavors both privately and publically. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your simple, elegant card Maile. The classy colours would make this a great masculine card I think. Good luck with your family and work plans for 2011 - it's been great to see your Wplus9 stuff but I for one will be looking forward to seeing more PTI treats from you ;) Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a nice and elegant card. I will miss seeing your work over at w9plus and Embellish, but do look forward to seeing what you design now as as stamp designer with PTI because i LOVE your style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The colors are so pristine and bold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card with the black on kraft - so elegant. Thank you for inspiring us with your creations.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS