Sunday, February 13, 2011

Doily Details

Hello and welcome! Tomorrow is the big day.......Papertrey Ink Release Day!!! But first the Papertrey Ink Design Team has another Group Post to share with you. Today's assignment from Nichole is to showcase Delightful Doilies and the doily lineup.

For today's first project I combined a previous set, Gobble, Gobble, with the new Delightful Dolilies to create a super cute peacock.
Which I turned into a tag. Here is what you needed to create your very own...
A large and medium Delightful Doilies, Tag Sale #4 and a Gobble, Gobble turkey stamped in black. I folded the doilies in the same way that Nichole did here.
I spread a good amount of glue onto the top half of the tag and attached the large doily into place.
Then attached the smaller doily on top with a piece of dimensional adhesive
Adhered the "Happy Birthday" tag into place and topped it all off with the turkey body.
Embelished the tag top with Royal Velvet satin ribbon and attached to the gift box. Isn't he cute?!

How about a modern card...
I stamped the larger doily in Berry Sorbet onto a white card base. Die cut and stamped the medium doily in Stormy Sky Distress Ink and then attached to the card base with dimensional adhesive.
Stamped a button for the center, which I attached to a small Delightful Doilies Die (cut from Summer Sunrise). Stamped a sentiment tag and attached everything to the center of the doily. For a bit of added shimmer, I painted a little Glimmer Glaze on each layer of the doilies. It's gorgeous in person.
So, I've gone a little crazy with the buttons again. This time, I played around with Delightful Doilies and stamped almost every small image onto a die cut coaster board button. I think every set I pull out now a day's will end up on a button. Lol.

For even more Doily Details fun, stop by and check out what the rest of the Design Team has up their sleeves...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile


Peacock Happy Birthday Tag:

Live, Laugh, Love:

31 comments:

  1. Maile this post is totally fabulous! From the peacock, to the modern card, to more of your fab buttons...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of the Royal Velvet satin ribbon to attach your tag is absolutely stunning. All of your projects are so crisp and fresh! Love the buttons! There are endless possibilities for buttons! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This peacock is so darn cute! You win my most creative use of a doily stamp award. You get no prize unfortunately but you are the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peacock tag is simply stunning - you took my breath away. This is awesome - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous peacock.....so cute.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  6. These projects are amazing!!! Love the idea of making this very stylish peacock this way, he's so cool!!!! And the second card is even gorgeous on the photo, so I can only imagine how it would be in person, truly amazing!! Love what you created, Maile! Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Just when I think I can resist the doily crazy, I visit your blog and know that I will be putting all the kit and kaboodle in my cart tonight! Fantastic job and I LOVE your buttons! (another one I don't think I will be resisting!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, everything is so cute. Your little turkey is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I laughed out loud at the turkey gone peacock!!! So clever and fun! I had already been thinking of using the doily stamps to make rosettes, thanks for showing what it would actually look like-as peacock feathers!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg Maile, you've done it once again! Your projects today are beautiful, creative, and make me HAVE to buy all these stamp sets lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great peacock. Wonderful idea! Your card is great too. I love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning ideas Maile! I love how you got creative to make that adorable peacock ;) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely that you put the doily on the buttons. They are adorable.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, you're killing me with the cuteness of that peacock! Brilliant idea! And your doily card is amazing. I can't wait to be able to make CAS cards like this with lots of different doily combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ack! love your peacock...brilliant!!
    gorgeous doily card too Maile!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That peacock is just adorable!! I like how you think out-of-the-box. Love your card and all those fabulous buttons!! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  17. That peacock/turkey is pure genius! You did a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!! The peacock is just a crative, genius idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh love the peacock, but your modern card is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. GENIUS pairing this with the Gobble Gobble turkey stamp and die! (and adorable too! I LOVE it!!). Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally cute idea to change the turkey into a peacock! I love the way you did his tail - very clever and colorful!

    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love, love, LOVE everything you've done with this set!! I think the buttons are my favorite, though. Way cool idea for the peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That peacock is adorable!! Way to think outside the box with both sets.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The peacock is sooooo cute! You created a wonderful project with the bird and doilies. I LOVE the color combos on both projects. I also LOVE the clean and simple execution of your second card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good gracious these cards are GORGEOUS!!! How clever is that peacock!?! And the second card is fabulous!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You rocked my world once again! I love all your clever ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Took me so long to post a comment, but I'm here to say that I am obsessed with that second card. The color scheme, the simplicity. And did you deconstruct the sentiment to stack vertically? Love.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol, this is just the cutest!!! Great idea for finding a non-Thanksgiving use for Gobble, Gobble!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS