Friday, December 3, 2010

Embellish Scrapbook Layouts Color Challenge

Time for another Embellish Color Challenge! Check it out... The Challenge: To create a scrapbook layout using the colors pictured above. The Sponsor: Canvas Corp. Check them out here and here.


Ok, so please be easy on me this time around. It's been over 3 years since I last scrapbooked anything. You can say I am way behind on scraping my sons baby album, lol. Anyways, I must admit I had fun with this challenge. It was much easier than I though it would be.


Red was my choice (as long as you don't count the colors in the photos) for the third color of the challenge combo. I also chose to work with a few pictures from a photo session I did recently with my sister and her gorgeous family. I really wanted to focus on the photos of my beautiful sister and her hubby, to create a special layout for her to display in her home. Here is what I came up with...
Started by adhering a cream cardstock circle onto a base of chocolate and vanilla polka dot pattern paper.
To keep with a circle theme, I cut each photo out using a circle cutter. Arranged the photos from smallest to larges and attached along the right side of the large circle.
Before attaching the larger photo, I stamped and attached a cream sentiment strip. Trimmed the edges and attached the photo to the layout using dimensional adhesive. Embellished with a Pure Poppy and a polka dot chipboard button, both strung with chocolate twine.
Finished the layout with an embellished canvas circle. Here's How: This circle started as a round shape of cream colored canvas. To spruce it up a bit, I first punched a heart from cardstock and temporarily attached it to the canvas. This created a mask which I then sprayed over with Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist. Then I let it dry, removed the mask and embellished with another Pure Poppy button strung with twine.

Now it's your turn to join in the challenge fun! Look here for the challenge details, the Design Teams amazing creations and a fabulous prize. Hope to see your challenge creations soon!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great one!

Maile


You Bring Me Joy Layout:

5 comments:

  1. Maile, how could anyone be hard on you?! Love, love this layout and to make it show-worthy is a great idea! Your color combos always amaze me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful LO, your sister will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maile,

    Lovely layout for a beautiful couple. There is such joy on their faces!

    Mishy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's been 3 years since you scrapbooked, and you pull together something so awesome! I love the circles in the circle and all the white space. GREAT layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maile! This is too cute :) Great pics of your sissy and Benny!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS