Monday, April 19, 2010

Handmade Bloom

Hello all and happy Monday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Today's card was one I created for Kim Wilson's challenge from last week. I've completely missed the dead line, but I loved the inspiration photos so much I still had to play along. You can check out her latest Off The Wall Craftiness Challenge and huge prize here.I was really inspired by the white flowers pictured on the wedding cake. So, to create my own I used the Beautiful Blooms II #2 Die Collection. Die cut the three different sized blooms from white cardstock, cut slits between the petals, crinkled each layer up real good and assembled the layers together using glue dots. Then embellish with a button in the center. Can't you just see these blooms recreated in so many different colors. Such fun!
Attached the blossom to a black mat, cut from Mat Stack #1 Die and then impressed with the Argyle Impression Plate. Punch small holes on either side of the mat, strung black satin ribbon through and tied a bow. Finished the card off with a sentiment from Delighful Dahlia.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you all have a great start to your week!

Maile


Congratulations:

18 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING Maile!!! The flower is so pretty and I can't wait to try and make one myself! I also love how you embossed Mat Stack cut out with the argyle, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Maile, simple and perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and elegant! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simple yet so stunning! love it Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous. Great job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's it called? Oh yeah, understated beauty! Gorgeous Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is a stunning card. Clean and simple with such an understated elegance. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that's so beautiful! So much elegance in one little card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maile what a gorgeous card, CAS!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my stars Maile, this is stunning. Simply elegant and totally GORGEOUS!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it.....beautifully done!
    So very glad I found your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO elegant, Maile! Love it! I'm also very glad I discovered your blog, I find lots of inspiration here.
    Hugs from Madrid!
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maile I love this!!! Im so glad you played along even if you missed it, its AMAZING!!! :) Aww I feel so special lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At the risk of sounding redundant, I have to say that this is the most gorgeously perfect card!! I look forward to trying out the textured Mat Stack and the stunning bloom! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL! Love the black and white... so simple and soooooo very elegant! Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS