Friday, December 11, 2009

Enjoy The Wild Ride

Hello all and happy Friday! Boy have things been really quiet around here (the good old blog). The holidays do make thing busy but getting sick doesn't help. Forgive me for not posting or sharing much these days, I've been sick with a cold since Sunday and I am still not completely well. This cold just keeps lingering on. I took my first trip into town today, since getting sick, and I am tuckered out.

Anyways enough about that, I'll move on to the card... This bicycle image is on of my favorites from the Everyday Button Bits Set and it pairs so well with this sentiment. I thought I would go ahead and create one wild ride for this bike down a hill. This would be a fun card to give some one a smile, when things really do get wild. The hill was created by cutting a slop from ripe avocado and spring moss cardstocks, stamping the spring moss cardstock with a background from Background Basics: Retro, then distressing the edges.
The sentiment was stamped above a button tied to some spring rain twill ribbon. Then everything was attached to a kraft cardstock base. I love kraft cardstock, it goes with just about anything! Don't you think?

Well, I am going to put my son down for a nap now and maybe take one my self, hehe. Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Maile


Enjoy The Ride: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits & Background Basics: Retro
  • Ink: Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate & Versamark
  • Cardstock: Kraft, White, Ripe Avocado & Spring Moss
  • Accessories: Spring Rain Twill Ribbon, Spring Rain & Dark Chocolate Vintage Buttons, DMC Embroidery Floss, Close To My Heart Edge Distresser

10 comments:

  1. super cute!! love it!!love that hill:) hope you get to feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better! Love the card, the hill is a cute idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is soooo cute! LOVE the hill, and the way you added some interest by using two different greens! So clever! :)

    Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!!!! Hope you're feeling better, but if you're looking for a little pick-me-up, visit my blog for a major award.

    http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-major-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very sweet! I hope you get feeling much better soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how wonderful!! I love your use of the background stamp. Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maile.... I loooooove this card... I really like the way the hill looks with 2 different tones of green!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Maile... love this card!! Love all of the cards/tags that I have missed! Your son is adorable and your Christmas decor looks great!! Thanks for the prayers! Hope that you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Maile! I do love that bike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this card! The bike on the slope with the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS